New Scaffolding standard AS 4576 now available
The revised edition of Australian & New Zealand Standard AS 4576, Guidelines for Scaffolding, has been published as a 2020 edition and is available for purchase from SAI Global.
AS 4576 has been a general training tool for Scaffolding and is often specified as a compliance document in general scaffolding applications.
The major changes in the revised edition are as follows:
- Now solely an Australian Standard;
- The format and structure of the Standard has been revised;
- Guidance has been added for working over water;
- Guidance has been added for using bay extension (hop-up) platforms and tie bars;
- The guidance for training has been updated and no longer covers Training and Competency requirements as such information is provided by relevant statutory/regulatory authorities;
- Guidance for Suspended Scaffolds (Swing Stages) has been removed and is provided in AS/NZS 1576.4;
- Guidance for Mast Climbing Work Platforms has been removed and is provided in AS 2550.16.